Thursday, July 23, 2009

Day 4 Summary

So I messed up this morning but jumped right back into things by lunch. Had something healthy to eat then did my Wii Active. I'm quite impressed with the Active so far, I'm really sweating by the end of it!

I made some blueberry muffins this evening that are delicious and healthy. Here's the recipe:

Healthy blueberry muffins:

Makes 12
143 calories, 2.4g fat, 27g carbs, 2g fiber, 4g protein

3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup lightly packed brown sugar (I may try substituting applesauce next time)
1/4 cup oat bran
1/4 cup quick cooking oats
1/4 cup wheat germ (can substitute whole wheat flour)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup blueberries
1 banana, mashed
1 cup low fat buttermilk
1 egg
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 12 cup muffin pan, or line with paper muffin cups.

2. In a large bowl, stir together the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, sugar, oat bran, quick-cooking oats, wheat germ, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Gently stir in the blueberries. In a separate bowl, mix together the mashed banana, buttermilk, egg, oil and vanilla. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, and mix just until blended. Spoon into muffin cups, filling all the way to the top.

3. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the tops of the muffins spring back when lightly touched.

Here's what I ate today:
Water intake: 5 glasses (better)

Breakfast: Tim Horton's Xtra large coffee *ugh*

Lunch: 45g pasta, 2 tbsp pesto, 1 cup cherry tomatoes, 10 spears asparagus, 1/2 large orange, 1 glass milk

Snack: 1 slice whwh bread, 1 tsp butter

Dinner: 1 chorizo sausage, 1 hard boiled egg, salad (lettuce, 1/2 tomato, cucumber, corn from 1 corn on the cob, 1/3 cup croutons, 1.5 tbsp dressing)

Desert: 1 homemade blueberry muffin, 1 glass of milk

Total calorie intake: 1,634, under target, but still acceptable.
I'm starting to think 1,650 calories is where I'm comfortable when eating healthy. I feel like I'm eating too much when I go over that (not in a psychological way, but in a full tummy way!)


Exercise for the day:
25 minutes of Wii Active (165 calories burned)

Problems:
Skipped breakfast, caved and got TM coffee. On a positive note, usually when I fall off the wagon, I use it as an excuse to eat like crap for the rest of the day. This time, I adjusted and jumped right back in!

No comments:

Post a Comment