Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Day 3 Summary

Here's what I ate today:
Water intake: 4

Breakfast: 1 egg, 1 slice whwh toast, 1 tsp butter, 1 glass skim milk, 1.5 cups coffee

Lunch: 1 chicken thight, 1 hard boiled egg, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, 1.5 tbsp dressing, 1 small slice whwh bread with 1 tsp butter, 1 glass skim milk

Dinner: 130 grams salmon (a bit of oil for cooking), farfalle pasta, 2 tbsp pesto, baked asparagus (a bit of oil for cooking), .75 cup cherry tomatoes, 1 cup steamed broccoli

Total calorie intake: 1,672 calories, under my target, but still acceptable.

Exercise for the day:
None! *aargh* but apparently since I'm just starting out on the whole exercise thing I should do 2 days of exercise, then 1 day rest, so going by that theory I'm doing OK! My muscles are sore from the last 2 days, so I think the rest was good.

Problems:
  • Water intake still too low.
  • I should have at least gone for a walk.
  • I feel like I'm eating too many carbs, especially today. I measured out the serving amount on the package of the pasta for dinner, and it ended up being way too much (over a cup). I ate it anyway, justifying that I had room on my calorie goal for the day. Dumb.
  • I'm not snacking, which I need to do (healthy stuff, of course). I think if I snack on fruits or raw veggies it will cut my carbs down but boost my calories a bit, so the numbers will even out.

On a side note, my baby sling turned out GREAT! Thanks Tracy for hosting the event and doing the hard part for me :) here's a pic of the finished product, sans baby.

1 comment:

  1. I find eating veggies for a snack is easier to do if they're ready to go. I chop up my veg and store them in the fridge, so i can just count out and snack. Plus the veggies/fruits are complex carbs and fibers so they're better for you not to mention your body works harder to digest them!

    The sling looks great :) I love the pattern!

    ReplyDelete