Monday, July 20, 2009

Day 1 Summary

Today wasn't too much of a challenge, since I'm still pumped and excited about everything. I know this feeling often wanes (hence being 163 lbs!!), but for now I'll take it and roll with it!! I've gotten lots of encouragement already and have 10 official followers! Thanks everyone :)

My goal is to eat apx 1800 calories per day and exercise to burn apx 150 calories per day, which should technically put me at losing 1.5 lb a week.

Are you curious about how many calories you need to eat per day to maintain your weight, or lose weight? You need to know your BMR (Basal metabolic rate). Here's a link to an easy calculator to figure it out. Don't forget to click "Daily Calorie Needs" to complete the process!

My BMR is 2317 calories per day to maintain, so cutting 500 calories per day brings me to 1817 calories to lose 1 lb a week.

Here's what I ate today:
Water intake: 7 glasses

Breakfast: 1 egg, 1 slice whwh toast, 1 tsp butter, 1 glass milk

Snack: 1 peach

Lunch: 1 hot dog with mustard (not the best choice, but planned for), large salad with 1/4 avocado, 1/2 tomato, 4 slices cucumber, 1.5 tbsp dressing.

Snack: 1/4 cup almonds

Dinner: 1/3 lb ribeye steak, baked asparagus tossed lightly with canola oil, steamed cauliflower, green beans & carrots. .5 tsp light soya sauce. 1 cup cherries.

Snack: 1 bag Orville Redenbachers Smart Pop popcorn

ETA: I ended up eating only 2/3 of the bag of popcorn, so I ended up on target with my calories afterall!!

Total calorie intake for the day: 1,881 (64 calories over)
ETA: 1750 with popcorn change.

Exercise for the day:
Morning: 25 minute workout with Wii Active (burned 133 calories). It was a pretty good workout! I chose moderate intensity, and I was sweating by the middle of it LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment