I ended up going for an impromptu 20 minute power walk after dinner. I asked Holden if he wanted to go for a walk, he said he wanted to go to the park (as usual *ha*) so I took the long way, which is totally out of the way, but I got a tiny bit of exercise in, so that's good.
Today's food was only OK.
Breakfast was 2 slice whwh toast with no-sugar added jam (although it's jam, so it's still sweet, so not really a great choice).
Lunch was 2 hard boiled eggs, half of a sliced yellow pepper, and a few cucumber slices. Much better!!
Dinner was a homemade blackbean burrito. It was fan-frickin'-tastic. I added more veggies (chopped tomato, more peppers), but I found it was too much cream cheese. Next time I'll cut it in half. John and Holden loved it too!! I served it with salsa.
Here's the recipe:
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil ( I used waaaaaay less than this, maybe 1 tbsp)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained (I used 1 large can for the 3 of us)
- 2 teaspoons minced jalapeno peppers (skipped this, added fajita seasoning instead)
- 6 ounces cream cheese (this was too much for the 3 of us)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Wrap tortillas in foil and place in oven heated to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bake for 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Heat oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Place onion, bell pepper, garlic and jalapenos in skillet, cook for 2 minutes stirring occasionally. Pour beans into skillet, cook 3 minutes stirring.
- Cut cream cheese into cubes and add to skillet with salt. Cook for 2 minutes stirring occasionally. Stir cilantro into mixture.
- Spoon mixture evenly down center of warmed tortilla and roll tortillas up. Serve immediately.