Friday, October 1, 2010

McDonald's: 0 — Stephanie: 1

We've had a stressful busy week at work this week, and I managed to make good choices with food*, which many people know is super hard to do when you're stressed and busy. So for that I'm really happy.

Today was the real showdown though. John just couldn't take it and wanted McDonald's for lunch. He wanted it bad. So, ya know, I encouraged him not to, but there's only so much I can do. I'm his wife, not his mom. So John had McDonald's and I had a big salad. I turned down McDonald's when I had a super easy out on it. I'm really proud of myself! AND it was a delicious salad. I've had this salad everyday this week. It's so damn good.

Here's the recipe to my oh-so-delicious salad:

Vinaigrette (this makes enough for a week's worth of salads)
  • 1 small shallot finely chopped or minced
  • 4 tbsp red wine vinegar
  • 3 tsp dijon mustard
Mix those 3 ingredients together.
Whisk in slowly:
  • 10 tbsp olive oil
These are the veggies I put in my salad:
Lettuce (d-uh)
Grape tomatoes
Cucumber
Green beans (I use LOTS, so good... steam for 3 minutes, submerge in cold water, add to salad)
Goat cheese (the secret delicious ingredient)

Tomorrow is Saturday. The weekend. I really hope I can pull it off and make healthy food choices!

*I had a take-out coffee every morning with sugar and cream. This was my "bad thing" of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment